GSRTC runs interstate bus routes to the adjacent states of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. Gujarat has one of the best road networks in the country. GSRTC connected the Gujarat state by road to the neighbouring states, with Rajasthan in the north, Madhya Pradesh in the east, and Maharashtra in the south-east.
GSRTC offers a range with varied speed, comfort and amenities – Luxury, semi-luxury, Express, Ordinary, Intercity Express, A.C, Sleeper etc.
The corporation provides the following special services:
- Services to accomodate some major schedules of railway
- Festival services
- Services connecting to industrial zones
- Services connecting to schools and colleges
- Services connecting to pilgrim places
- Contract services – Buses are given out on contract basis to the public for the special occasions
- City bus services From Ahmedabad – Gandhinagar – Ahmedabad
- Interstate Services connect various cities of Gujarat to the neighbouring states of Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasathan
The state of Gujarat is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. It offers a wide range of sightseeing options ranging from age-old palaces, famous temples to lush green forests.
Here are some of the excellent tourist attractions in Gujarat:
- Somnath Temple
While Gandhinagar is the capital of Gujarat, its largest city is Ahmedabad which is famous for both commercial and historical importance.
There are several places to visit in Ahmedabad such as:
- Gujarat National Law University
- Sabarmati Ashram – the ashram was Gandhi’s home till 1930
- Sidi Sayed Mosque – this mosque is world renowned because of its splendid Jhalli or mesh which is a finest example of Indo-Saracenic architecture.
- Bhadra Fort – the royal fort, built by Ahmed Shah (founder of the city) has magnificent palaces and well-laid gardens.
- Akshardham Temple – foremost Swami Narayan Temple in the world
- Science City – enjoy marvels of universe at I Max 3D Theater here
- Kankaria Lake – a polygonal artificial lake, with an island summer palace.
- Nal Sarovar Lake – famous for housing vivid migrating birds
- Kamla Nehru Zoo – famous for abiding albino animals.
- Rani Sipri Mosque – known for its intricately carved decoration, jali screens with flowing plant and tree forms